Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 26, 2010

Surprise! Surprise!


Spending a lazy weekend, trying to figure out the reason to be attacked by a pony in the middle of a busy Colombo road, I began to realize, that let alone beasts, I do lack in good judgment when it comes to people around me. The behaviour of the beast, I thought was very much pardonable as it was very likely that he must have been tied to a nearby tree the whole day under the scorching, capital city sun. So, in a wild moment of freedom, who would say no to a little bit of jumping and juggling around the walk-way in front of the public library, enjoying teasing and terrifying the gorgeous girls who pass that way on their way home.
Honestly, when I saw the four-legged creature at a distance, not for a moment I thought he would gallop at me or try to knock me down to the ground nor did I imagine it to jump at me from behind for the second time. But most of all, it was a sight to see when the armed man in the uniform ran into the library terrified of the unarmed soon colt-to-be.
On my way home, very much lost in my own world inside the crowded bus, I dug out a scheme to avoid a third attack. After good fifteen minutes, with a feasible plan in my hand, I convinced myself that it’s time I adopt the colt theory for people too.
As petrifying as it may sound, at least I learnt a few good things from the hullabaloo; that is the first attack may not be the only attack, never take the look of innocence as the actual innocence and that never be complacent with your judgment about people and their hidden ferocities and of course, a back up plan always places you at least one step ahead of your opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment