Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 21, 2011

Hate me


Hate me because I know how to say ‘No.’ I am not the polite female who would say yes to everything and suffer the miseries of not being able to do the impossible. Instead, I have learnt to accept only the responsibilities I can fulfill; the rest is somebody else’s cup of tea.
Hate me because I go by the tradition. I believe in the customs that bind me to my preceding generations. I trust in the safety it gives to a society; a power of which could have made the world a better place even without rules and regulations.
Hate me because my life does not breathe technology. I can still scribble letters, can spell without the spell-check, and do handwritten assignments without getting the grammar wrong. I can fall asleep without taking leave from the Twitter community and get up without worrying about how to greet Facebook friends.
Hate me because I do not build my world around anyone else. I decide my life’s itinerary and guidelines to live. Like anyone else, I am born with a free will; and exercising it the way I want is my right. I am not answerable to anyone who is not part of my life nor am I anyone’s private property. If anyone expects me to be hurt, trampled or bruised by trivial things, I am not responsible for their disappointments or heartbreaks.   
Hate me because I am blunt. My frankness is a product of those who mistook my courteousness to meekness. Politeness comes in small doses. As for me, they are always saved for the people who deserve it the most.
Hate me because I do not let my life be entertainment fodder for gossip-mongers. I do not support those who dig into other people’s private lives all the while holding onto their diaries tight. Privacy should not be penetrable and confidence is something that has to be won, not demanded.
Hate me because I make blunders. Whatever I have l learnt so far, I learnt through trial and error. For me, perfection is not an inherent characteristic but a result of a gradual process. I make mistakes and am humble enough to admit them. Unlike those who run away from error, I take its responsibility, put my head down, and start over again.
Hate me because I speak my mind. My life is not for public entertainment. I stand up for what I believe in and criticize where criticism is necessary. I can be a hermit and a rebel at the same time. There is a saint and a devil within me. There is both fire and ice. Getting frozen or burnt is your choice!

1 comment: