Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dear earth, I promise…



When many lovers walk down the aisle and pledge love and dedication for each other for eternity, I will make a pledge for you, the day I get my chance; for you are part of me and I am part of you.
Dear earth, I promise not to waste many papers on guest lists and no overprinting of invitations, cake boxes and thank you cards. I may not be able to save an entire forest with my attempt, yet, it will give me the satisfaction to know that another tree could live one more day, before going to the axe.
Dear earth, I promise that I would not celebrate fulfillment at the expense of others’ bliss. Thus, I will not allow loud music to leave me with a thundering headache on the day that is supposed to be special for me.  Like you, I also do not understand the logic behind making glaring noises to say you are happy when silence or soft music would have conveyed the same message, perhaps, in a more elegant manner.
Dear earth, if I am to have a cake, I promise that every part of it will be edible, unlike the expensive Regiform structures that will devour a portion of you, the day they are discarded. I might not have anything as grand as the showpieces, yet, my cake will be a real treat-not just a feast to the eyes.
Dear earth, I promise to keep away plastic and undegradable materials that choke you. Hence, my wedding will not have liquor, no plastic bottles of fizzy drinks. I may displease many by being stubborn, yet, it is a good way to find out who love me more than they love the bottle. Even if the world laughs at me, perhaps you will understand my disgust at being kissed by drunkards, because a bride of any kind should not be humiliated in such manner at her wedding. No one takes seriously the wishes  coming from such persons, as it is hard to go by the word of drunkards.
Dear earth, I promise not to be over-indulgent and go against nature by picking artificial flowers. Whatever I carry in my hands has to be natural, that withers with the dying sun. Thus, I will carry with me the ultimate truth of life and the lesson that, nature cannot be cheated, let down or ignored.
Dear earth, I promise to plant a sapling on every anniversary, and many more whenever time permits.I may not be the most attentive and thoughtful person to have walked on you, yet I will care, the way I have been caring.
Dear earth..till death do us closer, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment