Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The year that dawns



The final leaf of the calendar sways in the cold December winds. Some of the older leaves that went to the bin at the end of the respective months, had smiley faces scribbled on them; there were also stars, hearts and sometimes a few faces with downward curves as mouths.  A few more days to go, and a new calendar to scribble a new story-those were my thoughts when I carried the heavy bundle of calendars home in a crowded bus.
The year has left me with many things; yet it took a few things away. Perhaps, arrivals and departures do balance out life and contribute to one’s maturity. Every trouble that waylays leaves something with you, rather than robbing you of something precious. When times go by you realize that people are subject to change; not only their complexions, fashion sense but also their loyalties shift with time. after a hard wait, you realize that a single incident cannot change your life forever, but an incident can lead to a chain of events that will make you end up in a different track. Those who yearn for change should not be like those who are waiting to witness a miracle; rather, they should be the performers of the miracle; or the miracle itself.  The year that is passing, has taught us many things. There were lessons that I learnt the hard way, battles I have won, friends I have made and a tinge of change I could be able to make. Yet, there is much that is left undone.
I wish the new year could teach me how to treat those who talk behind my back, with a sense of dignity.  I hope it will discourage me to fight back and encourage me to smile when the world forgets to relax. I hope the time ahead will make me realize how to be diplomatic and keep my cool when I am in the hot waters.
 I wish it would also teach me to be more demonstrative and expressive. I hope  I will learn the art of looking  more human and less stony in the days to come. I want it to bring me closer to my adventure, a life I build for myself that  has many doors and windows that does not suppress the winds of time.
I wish the new year could teach me how to keep a straight face when I know the others are lying. I want to be punctual and be more organized when it comes to the boundaries between my worktable and study table.
I wish the new year makes me think more about my health, and urge me to treat my dark circles. I wish my craving for green-tea becomes an innocent addiction and my love for green vegetables more than a fling.
I wish the new year gives me enough days to realize whether I am a revolutionist and whether my idealism has a limit. I need to see the border where I should stop dreaming and start working if I need a proper rest.
Despite all the changes, I wish the world keeps loving me the same way I love it and its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment