Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 25, 2010

Author of my life story


Looking back at a week that could have changed my life forever, I stood in a moment of reflection, quite amazed at my own definiteness which until now, I never knew I had within me. Was it my head or the heart that did the trick for me to stand firm on my ground and assure myself that minor happenings in life are not major enough to change the flow and direction of my journey.
The past, even though is pretty much, gone, seared and expired, still has so many surprises in store for the present and future. These surprises, as ill-timed as they may be, can take you by a storm when you least expect them to stand on your way. There can be things that you rejected first and later repented rejecting them. There can be things that had been so familiar to you but took alien shapes with time. There can also be things that you longed for, but given up for better alternatives. In whatever face it appears before you today, what you got to realize is that, there is a reason why it didn’t make it to your present; and there is proof that you are better off without what you missed out.
It can throw you defenceless and off-balanced. It can make the life you worked hard to build look like a structure made of domino-pieces that with a simple finger push can tail off to the ground. More often than not, something that used to hurt you in the past is very unlikely to become a source of pleasure in the present. The prelude-winds may bring in nostalgia, but the temptation is certainly not worth the lifetime of hard work you are about to sacrifice.
As for me, my universe was weather-sheild with busy schedules and a few realistic plans for future. It was well-protected with a wall of love, friendship and respect when the storm hit. So much so that, I felt it like a breeze that could only blow away a taper I was oiling for this long. I let it pass, patiently watching it entering from one window and making its exit from the next. Despite all outward pushes and thrusts, I would never try to chase it and let it stir the cauldron of my peace.
Definitely, drama is not something I long for to give my life a theatrical twist. Obviously, writing drama is one thing, but being on stage is clearly something else.
I’d rather be the author of my life story, whose characters I decide and whose lines I scribble.

2 comments:

  1. totally like it! It makes more sense reading this when I know what triggered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks..hehe...my friend Sumaiya said this is the best Under this sky i ever wrote...i think this can be one of my personal picks, my most favourite one is the piece i wrote about my two grand mothers!!

    ReplyDelete